|Raspberry and White Chocolate Loaf|
I made this loaf yesterday for a tea party. It is incredibly delicious, especially straight out of the oven. I think it's a supermarket magazine recipe but it's a 1:1:1 fat/flour/sugar basic sponge.
175g Sifted SR flour
175g unsalted butter
175g caster sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
3 medium eggs
200g white chocolate
Line a loaf tin with greaseproof for easy lifting and preheat oven to 160 degrees C (fan oven, slightly more if not a fan).
1. Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla extract (I used a mixer).
2. Add a tbsp flour and beat in eggs one by one.
3. Fold in the rest of the flour
4. Fold in 100g white chocolate smashed up and 100g of raspberries
5. Bake for 30 minutes
6. Cover with a sheet greaseproof (to prevent burning) and bake for another 25 minutes (check with a skewer if cooked through)
7. Lift out as soon as cool enough to touch the paper and put onto a cooling rack.
You can stop here, we ate a little bit that 'fell off' and it was very squishy and tasty when still warm*.
8. Once cool, melt the rest of the white chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water and drizzle some onto the top of the loaf, then add the rest of the raspberries and the rest of the white chocolate.
|*Straight out of the oven, pre-topping|