I've called this lazy lasagne because, although there are quite a few steps, it can be done whilst chatting to guests, perfect dinner party food.
|this picture doesn't look very appetising...|
- 1 carton garlicy chopped tomatoes (from sainsburys)
- half a bulb of garlic
- olive oil
- fresh thyme
- tub of ricotta
- bag of spinach
- pine nuts
- lasagne sheets
- parmesan (or vegetarian hard cheese equivalent)
- an onion
- some plum or cherry tomatoes
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
1. In a roasting dish put a carton of chopped tomatoes, the entire half bulb of garlic (skin on is fine), thyme, some olive oil, a chopped onion and a few (5?) tomatoes. Roast for 45 minutes
2. Meanwhile drain ricotta in a sieve over a bowl for 30 minutes
3. Wash spinach and then put in a pan with a small amount of butter and the lid on for 10 minutes until it wilts.
4. Pour away the ricotta liquid and, in the bowl, mix ricotta and grated parmesa
5. Use the ricotta sieve to squeeze liquid out of the spinach and add it to the bowl with some toasted pinenuts
6. Remove the thyme from the roasting tomato sauce and use a stick blender to blend everything together. Taste and season as necessary.
7. Put a thin layer of the tomato sauce in the bottom of a deep dish
8. Add a layer of lasagne sheets
9. Add 1/2 of the spinachy sauce
10. Add 1/3 of remaining tomato sauce
11. Add a layer of lasagne
12, Add the rest of the spinachy sauce
13. Add 1/3 of the tomato sauce
14. A layer of lasagne - press down so stuff comes up the side
15. Add the rest of the tomato sauce.
16. Scatter mozzarella on top
17. Roast for 30 minutes
We will definitely be making this again